Aktuelles aus den Ostkrichen
- AKTUELLES AUS DEN OSTKIRCHEN und DARÜBER HINAUS
- WAS IST DAS BYZANTINISCHE GEBETSZENTRUM IN SALZBURG?
- GOTTESDIENSTE UND EVENTS IM BYZANTINISCHEN GEBETSZENTRUM, SALZBURG
- DAS JESUSGEBET: EINE SCHULE DES GEBETS
- DIE IKONOSTASIS: IKONEN und IKONENMALEREI
- WIE SIE DEM BYZANTINISCHEN GEBETSZENTRUM HELFEN KÖNNEN
Mittwoch, 30. Oktober 2013
Vichnaja Pam'jat! Ewiges Gedächtnis! Bischof Gabriel von Commana verstorben
Archbishop Gabriel of Comana fell asleep in the Lord just after midnight in the early hours of this morning Saturday 26 October.
Details of the funeral will follow.
Here are some words he addressed to us at Paskha 2012.
"When we look at our lives, the lives of all men on earth, we are tempted to sadness, and we could say like the writer of Ecclesiastes: All is vanity and vexation of spirit (Eccl. 2:17). So many misfortunes, so much shattered love! Serious illness, unexpected accidents, old age in which everything is on the decline: all can exhaust us. Many young people are unsure about their future and are beset with anguish, sometimes seeking substitutes with no tomorrow.
Faced with these fears, this anguish, we must remember that Great Friday comes beforehttp://www.exarchate.org.uk/node/199